Collection Technicians, Documentary Heritage x 2
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories.
The Information, Library & Enquiry Services team requires two fixed term Collection Technicians to work on the preservation management, digitisation and cataloguing of our Documentary Heritage collections. Their work will contribute to the opening up of the collections, making them discoverable and searchable worldwide through Collections Online. These positions are part of the wider Collections Readiness team and sit at the heart of Future Museum's aspirations to significantly enrich Collections Online and support a wide range of future exhibitions and programmes. These fixed term roles run to June 2020 and require full time hours.
To be successful in these roles you will;
- Be a recent Library School or Museum Studies graduate or have relevant or similar experience in a museum environment
- Be familiar with library and/or collection databases and offer sound reference skills
- Have sound technical skills including experience in scanning heritage material and creating digital images, data entry, data mapping and migration
- Offer proven advanced computer and keyboard skills
- Be a self-starter with problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Have the ability to work collaboratively within the team and across many divisions
- Have an excellent appreciation of and interest in the Documentary Heritage collections of the Museum
- Demonstrate respect and sensitivity to the mana of the Museum's taonga
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 24 July 2018 at 5.00pm.
You must be eligible to currently work in New Zealand to apply for these fixed term positions.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
|Posted on||13 Jul 2018|
|Closes on||24 Jul 2018 17:00|
|Expertise||Collections, Library, Researcher|
|Work arrangement||Fixed term - full time|
|More details (document)||PD Collection Technician - DH June 2018.pdf|