Safety & Security Officer
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories.
The role of the Safety & Security Officer is a highly responsible position protecting the museums' artefacts, staff, visitors and building by ensuring the safety of the museum and providing excellent service for the Museum's customers.
The Museum currently has one permanent and full time position available. Staff will be required to work an 8.5 hour shift on a 24/7 - 3 shift daily rotating roster.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Hold a National Certificate in Security Levels II, III and IV, or equivalent recognised qualification/s.
- Offer demonstrated basic knowledge of relevant compliance laws related to the Museum, safety and security and a strong desire to educate oneself in the safety and security profession.
- Possess the ability to work as a sole charge person and as part of a fast paced team, have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ideally hold a current First Aid Certificate.
- Demonstrate the ability to think laterally, creatively and to make sound informed decisions.
- Offer evidence of computer skills and knowledge - MS Office applications, Intranet, Intergity Access and Security Control Systems, Netview - HikVision or Indigovision surveillance systems software is highly desirable.
- Demonstrate the ability to establish effective personal and working relationships and contribute to team building.
- Offer a high level of commitment to the Museum and staff, and the needs of the public.
- Have a professional approach to personal presentation and medical fitness, consistent with the physical demands of the job.
- Show a demonstrated professional appetite for work ethics, honesty, integrity, and reliability.
- Possess a warm and approachable manner, easy of address, an excellent standard of knowledge, presentation and maturity to represent the Museum in a professional manner.
- Understand the principles of equal opportunities, diversity management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment.
- Must offer a clean police clearance.
Closing Date: Friday, 20 July 2018 at 5.00pm
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this permanent and full-time position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
|Posted on||06 Jul 2018|
|Closes on||20 Jul 2018 17:00|
|Expertise||Safety and Security|
|Job level(s)||Entry, Graduate, Experienced|
|Work arrangement||Permanent - full time|
|More details (document)||Safety and Security Officers PD - April 2018.pdf|