Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
A full time permanent role is available for a highly motivated Display Technician to join the Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. The role is as varied as is the working environment and will require enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility. You will work directly with the Display Manager to provide support, maintenance and technical expertise for our permanent and temporary exhibitions as well as support for the events program.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A high level of experience in metal and wood fabrication to enable the production of furniture, object supports and fixtures for museum objects.
- Detailed design and production experience across a range of fabrication methods
- Relevant exhibition installation experience, ideally in a museum environment
- Able to work in a team environment
- An understanding of the principles of equal opportunities, diversity management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment
- A current driver license
Closing Date: 25th March 2018
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
|Posted on||12 Mar 2018|
|Closes on||25 Mar 2018 17:00|
|Work arrangement||Permanent - full time|
|More details (document)||Display Technican PD March 2018.docx|