Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories.
An opportunity exists in the Information, Library & Enquiry Services team for a qualified and experienced Cataloguing Librarian, to manage the flow of Library books from acquisition to shelf-readiness, including retrospective cataloguing. Your knowledge and experience will be an asset that less experienced cataloguers in the team will draw upon for guidance and practical help. Please note this is a fixed term position, requiring full time hours until the end of June 2020.
To be successful in this role you will hold several years' worth of solid experience in original and copy cataloguing, and have a good working knowledge of the resources a metadata specialist uses on a day-to-day basis. A sound foundation in customer service will be an advantage. The contributions from the Library team are at the heart of many of the Museum's aspirations as expressed in Future Museum, and help ensure our clients receive the services they expect from us —onsite, offsite and online. The Museum Library operates its services Mondays to Saturdays.
To be successful in this role you will offer;
- Excellent appreciation of and interest in the Documentary Heritage collections of the Museum
- Proven experience of cataloguing processes and databases
- Sound reference skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with researchers, team members and other colleagues
- Sound technical skills with experience in scanning heritage material and creating digital images, data entry, data mapping and migration
- A motivated and self-starting work ethic and efficient problem-solving skills are important
- and attention to detail
- Attention to detail and a flexible attitude are also important
Closing date for applications: Wednesday, 18 July at 5.00pm
You must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply for this fixed term position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
|Posted on||05 Jul 2018|
|Closes on||18 Jul 2018 17:00|
|Expertise||Collections, Customer Services, Library|
|Work arrangement||Fixed term - full time|
|More details (document)||PD Cataloguing Librarian 2018.pdf|