Conservator – Paper & Photography
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngākau māhaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū kōrero, pakiwaitara, kōrero tipua anō hoki mai i ngā kai para kōrero.
Auckland Museum is a much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
The Conservator - Paper and Photography contributes to the Museum's conservation capability through providing expert physical care and improvement of paper-based and photographic collections. The main focus for the Conservator will be to advise and facilitate best conservation practice and process delivery to stakeholders and to undertake remedial and preventive conservation treatments in preparation of exhibitions and gallery renewals. Please be aware this is a two (2) years fixed term position.
To be successful in this role you will offer;
- Experience treating a wide range of paper-based and photographic materials is essential
- A Tertiary qualification in the Conservation of Cultural Materials
- Membership in NZCCM or internationally recognised Conservation affiliations
- A minimum of 5 years conservation experience in museums or heritage institutions
- Evidence of up-to-date knowledge of current professional thinking around preventive conservation and display of artefacts
- Proven competency in Word, Excel, Collection Management Database (Vernon) and email
- Familiarity with display/storage materials testing protocol is also desirable
- Knowledge in Tikanga Māori would be beneficial
- The ability to effectively and constructively communicate conservation concerns
- Evidence of successful collaboration in a cross-functional team environment
- Effective time management skills
Closing Date: Wednesday, 8th August 2018 at 5.00pm
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
|Posted on||11 Jul 2018|
|Closes on||08 Aug 2018 17:00|
|Work arrangement||Fixed term - full time|
|More details (document)||PD - Conservator Paper and Photography.pdf|