Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to outstanding management of its extensive collections and the permanent and volunteer staff who tell the Museum's stories.
The Museum Publicist plays a pivotal role in leading and developing the execution of proactive media relations and publicity via all media channels.
Promoting upcoming exhibitions, programmes and events to the museum's many and diverse audiences and stakeholders via the media, the Publicist also handles a range of media enquiries and onsite visits covering all aspects of the museum.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Significant publicity and proactive media relations experience with a demonstrable hunger for a great story.
- An appropriate qualification in journalism, communications, public relations or in a relevant field.
- Significant media experience within substantial, complex organisations which care deeply about their brand.
- An extensive network of communications and media colleagues and contacts.
- Issues management experience
- Exceptional writing skills, delivering consistently high quality stories
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to juggle competing demands and work within tight timelines
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders
- People skills, sense of humour and resilience required!
- Understand the principles of equal opportunities, diversity management and the Treaty of Waitangi as they relate to the Museum environment
Closing Date: Friday 27 April 5 pm
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
|Posted on||11 Apr 2018|
|Closes on||27 Apr 2018 17:00|
|Expertise||Communication and Marketing, Digital Marketing, Media Relations, Public Relations|
|Work arrangement||Permanent - full time|
|More details (document)||final+pd+publicist+April+2018.pdf|