Production Manager - Gallery Renewal
Tāmaki Paenga Hira: Tui tui hono tangata, whenua me te moana.
Ko Tāmaki Paenga Hira, hewaengarahi ake, he ngakau mahaki mo te kaitiakitanga taonga pū korero, pakiwaitara, korero tipua ano hoki mai i ngā kai para korero.
Auckland Museum is an influential, much-loved organisation at the centre of Auckland's identity, committed to developing and sharing engaging content through its galleries, exhibition, events and educational programmes.
An 18 month fixed term position exists for a highly motivated Production Manager to join the Museum at an exciting time of redevelopment and renewal. The role is varied as is the working environment and will require enthusiasm, warmth and flexibility. The role manages production planning and delivery of gallery renewal projects, and leads the development of production solutions that enable delivery of project expectations while working within deadlines, resources and project scope. The Production Manager evaluates and forecasts resource requirements, manages production and installation teams, ensures project milestones are met, and work methods and environments meet current health & safety requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Relevant design, production management, construction management or similar qualifications
- Experience in production management or similar (museum experience preferred)
- Experience of working in projects with a structured project management methodology
- Proven record of managing teams in a project based environment
- Experience with fabrication methods, materials and technologies
- Proficiency with MS Office suite including MS Project
- Competency with CAD, Vectorworks or similar drawing software
- Must have a current driver's licence
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, holidays and/or weekends
- Holds a passion for dynamic museums and for working in a cross functional team environment
Closing Date: 5pm 25th March 2018
You must be eligible to work in NZ to apply for this position.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to be part of a fabulous New Zealand organisation committed to telling our national and Auckland stories and reflecting our unique place in the South Pacific.
|Posted on||12 Mar 2018|
|Closes on||25 Mar 2018 17:00|
|Expertise||Exhibitions, Project Management|
|Work arrangement||Fixed term - full time|
|More details (document)||Production Manager Gallery Renewal PD March 2018.docx|